Why our Chicken:
- Raised humanely.
- Our chickens are truly free range. Unlike commercial chicken they are not kept indoors in environmentally controlled houses throughout the duration of their lives. After hatching, we keep them indoors for about two weeks – as in nature, they need protection as chicks and they usually spend this time under their mother’s wing.
- Stress free.
- A humanely treated chicken is a stress-free chicken. Commercial chickens, on the other hand, are raised in severely cramped quarters where they can hardly move. This leads to stress which can lead to disease, which in turn results in the need for extensive use of antibiotics.
- Fish meal and animal by-product free.
- In addition to being able to forage naturally while they roam outside, our chickens are only fed high quality, all-grain food which boosts their immune systems. No forms of poultry meal (blood, feathers and dead birds) or fish meal are ever permitted in their dietary intake.
- Excel Farm General Manager
Mr. Privillege T Mutsvanga
Phone: +263 773 852 930